Who Am I? Get To Know Me!

December 02, 2016



Who am I? Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Holly, I'm 19 years old and was born on the 20th December 1996. I’m currently living in Valencia, Spain but I’m normally based in Bath, UK.

I’ve been wanting to do something like this for years now and never really known how to go about it, but I’m finally getting around to doing it. I thought 'why not just start and see what happens, it doesn't have to be perfect straight away'.

I can't wait to see where it takes me and who I meet along the way!

I was born & bred in the South West of England in a city called Bath. I went to Primary school, Secondary school and 6th form there, but I’m currently living in Valencia, Spain and working from home.
Bath Abbey
I loved my Primary school, in fact, it was and still is my favorite school and some of the best memories I’ve ever had were created there. It just felt homely and comfortable and I never wanted to leave. I was there from Year 2 - Year 8 and loved every minute. During my last couple of years there it became a bit tougher as my parents got a divorce and my best friend moved away to the Lake District (which is in the North of the UK and about 250 miles away from Bath - which for the UK is quite far away😉😂). Just after my parents got divorced, I decided that I wanted a bit of a break from being at home so decided to weekly board at school. I loved boarding and had been wanting to do it for a while! I started boarding in September of 2008 and stopped in mid November. I stopped because after half term I went back and that night started having a panic attack, back then I didn't know it was a panic attack, or what the cause of why it happened was, I just knew I wanted to go home. I went down to a teacher's flat and asked to call home, she let me and my mum came to collect me. A week later, I went back and decided to try again the same thing happened, only this time the teacher wouldn't let me call home or be collected and I never boarded again after that.

The transition into my secondary school was really tough. It was a lot bigger than my primary school and everything just seemed different (probably because it was lol 😂). I was there for 3 years from Year 9 - Year 11 and never really felt like I had properly settled in. At the beginning of Year 11, I starting dating my current boyfriend, Alex and we've now been together for just over 4 years. I left this school just after my GCSE’s in 2013.
Moving into our first house together August, 2015 & Our first Christmas in our home December, 2015
I then went on to go to 6th form at another school for 2 years, and again never really felt 100% settled even though the school was 1000X better. I found it a lot more welcoming and relaxed. I felt you could be yourself more and learn a lot more things on your own, which I feel is important for teenagers to do. I ended up doing my A-levels there and that summer of 2015 moved into a house with my boyfriend when we were 18.
First night in our home, 24th August 2015

At the beginning of this year, we decided we wanted a change. We weren't seeing a lot of each other and wanted to experience something bit different. So, we decided to have a chat about some options, and decided to move to Spain to live with my mum for a while, and start a business together.
Moved to Valencia, Spain. April 2016
I’ve now been living in Spain for 7 months now, writing this blog post on my bed, starting a new chapter of my life. Join me for the journey!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bloglovin'

Follow